2016 Paddle Trek. Full album here.
Paddle Trek 2017 will be held on Saturday, July 29th
About the Paddle Trek
The 30 Mile River Watershed Association will host its 9th Annual Paddle Trek in July 2017. Consider joining us for all or just a part of this 15-mile guided paddle from Mt. Vernon Village to Wayne Village, traveling along many of the lakes and streams that form the “30 Mile River.” Beginning at Minnehonk Lake in Mt. Vernon (starting 7AM), the trip route continues down Hopkins Pond, Hopkins Stream, Taylor Pond, Echo Lake and its Mill Pond, Lovejoy Pond, Jennings Stream, Pickerel Pond, and Pocasset Lake, ending in Wayne Village’s Mill Pond (usually close to 3PM).
The event is split into four parts – with the option of paddling one, two, three or all four parts. Paddlers may join the group at any of the four meeting points, and return shuttles are available at three locations:
- In Fayette, near the Fayette Country Store on Route 17
- In North Wayne at the dam behind the Town Office
- In Wayne Village at the Mill Park
- Bring lunch, lots of water, a life jacket, and sturdy footwear for portages and stream-walking (NOT flip-flops or Crocs). Portage means that at various points you must pick up your canoe or kayak and carry it from one body of water to another because of a dam or other impasse.
- There could be poison ivy on the portages, so you may want long pants.
- A van will be available to shuttle you back to your vehicle at end of the trip, as well as at the end of parts 2 & 3 for those who do not wish to do the whole trip.
- Paddling the whole trip will be strenuous and is not recommended for everyone.
- If you are unable to portage your own boat, volunteers will be able to assist you.
- Please help us protect the lakes from invasive plants by inspecting your boat for any plant material before you enter and when you leave each lake. This applies to each part of the trip.
- We will be crossing private property for several of the portages and the landowners have generously given permission for us to do this. This permission applies to this trip only, not for future trips by those doing it on their own.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
2016 Paddle Trek – Photos courtesy of Dale M Clark, Sue Knorr, and Josh Robbins
2015 Paddle Trek – Photos courtesy of Josh Robbins
2014 Paddle Trek – Photos courtesy of Josh Robbins
2012 Paddle Trek – Photos courtesy of Jim Anderberg (opens in new window)
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.